Splendors of Egypt & the Nile
January 21–February 1, 2023
Join the Purdue President’s Council on an 11-night bucket list land and cruise program to uncover Egypt’s ancient secrets while visiting iconic landmarks, temples, and monuments! Begin and end the tour in Cairo while staying at the 5-star Four Seasons Hotel Cairo and cruise the Nile aboard the brand new and all-inclusive, 42-suite Uniworld S.S. Sphinx, exclusively chartered for the President’s Council. An enchanting land of marvels, myths, and wonders old and new, Egypt is an extraordinary destination no culturally curious traveler will want to miss.
Your participation supports the
President’s Council Enrichment Fund
Your travel-package registration fee includes support for ongoing adventures, events, and lifelong educational opportunities with the President’s Council family. As a part of your overall price, a $500-per-person, tax-deductible donation to the President’s Council Enrichment Fund helps underwrite the involvement of Purdue educators and administrators to enhance your personal travel experiences—a benefit exclusive to Purdue President’s Council members.
Cruise & Tour Itinerary Highlights:
- Gaze upon the mighty ancient Pyramids and the mysterious Sphinx
- Wander amongst the towering ruins of the Temple of Karnak, the world’s largest ancient religious complex, and the Temple of Luxor
- Visit the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, Egypt’s first female ruler
- Follow in the footsteps of renowned scholars and explorers at Valley of the Kings, the ancient burial grounds of Egyptian royalty
- Enjoy an exhilarating ride in a felucca, a traditional Nile River sailboat
- Visit the Egyptian Museum and its unrivaled collection of artifacts, including treasures recovered from the tomb of King Tutankhamun
- Join a bird-watching boat ride and enjoy tea with a Nubian family
- 9 days of excursions, all fully hosted by English-speaking trained Egyptologists, visiting 15 UNESCO World Heritage sites
Exclusive President’s Council Package Inclusions:
- Four nights at the 5-star Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza
- Seven-night luxury Nile River cruise aboard the all-inclusive, 42-suite Uniworld S.S. Sphinx, exclusively chartered for the President’s Council
- President’s Council Welcome & Farewell Receptions
- Sightseeing in Cario and daily shore excursions led by English-speaking, trained Egyptologists
- All meals in two gourmet dining venues onboard the S.S. Sphinx, including al fresco dining on the upper deck and daily breakfast during land portion in Cairo (11 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 8 dinners)
- Complimentary house wine, local beer, soft drinks, tea, and coffee during lunch and dinner onboard the S.S. Sphinx
- All gratuities for onboard and onshore staff including ship crew, tour manager, Egyptologist, local experts, and drivers
- Complimentary shipwide Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Luxurious public ship areas, including a lounge with full-service bar, a sun deck with a swimming pool, and a massage room
- Flights between Cairo and Luxor
- Included transfers to and from the Cairo International Airport on arrival and departure days
- $500-per-person, tax-deductible donation to the President’s Council Enrichment Fund
- Purdue President’s Council and Global Tracks staff
Optional Pre-Tour Package:
Jordan & Petra Pre-Tour | January 16–21, 2023
Join the Purdue President’s Council for a five-night pre-tour package in Jordan. Thousands of years of history are yours to uncover as you wind your way through destinations brimming with archaeological wonders, mountainous landscapes, and ancient ruins. This insightful discovery will open your eyes to the magnificence of this not-to-miss country!
Detailed Itinerary & Included Excursions:
Optional Uniworld Post-Tour Package:
Jerusalem Post-Tour | February 1–5, 2023
Jerusalem is a city rich in history, religion, and heritage—all of which you’ll discover on this 4-night post-tour extension that will take you to some of the oldest and holiest sites in the world. From the fascinating Old City to the vibrant downtown, there’s no shortage of ways to uncover this city’s enthralling past and captivating present!
President’s Council Rates*:
Land and Cruise Program
Category & Deck
|French Balcony | Decks 2, 4 | 233 sq. ft.||waitlisted||$7,199||$12,125|
|Deluxe French Balcony | Deck 4 | 285 sq. ft.||waitlisted||$8,099||$13,525|
|Suite | Deck 4 | 344 sq. ft.||waitlisted||$8,999||$17,098|
|Grand Suite | Decks 3, 4 | 430 sq. ft.||waitlisted||$9,899||$18,898|
|Royal Suite | Decks 3, 4 | 495 sq. ft.||waitlisted||$10,499||$20,498|
Additional nights at the Four Seasons Hotel Cairo
Inclusions: Package includes accommodation at the Four Seasons Hotel Cairo in Superior Rooms inclusive of 28.96% service charge and taxes, buffet breakfast, airport arrival transfer, and porterage. Please note the airport arrival transfers are only included if hotel package is confirmed with Global Tracks/Uniworld River Cruises.
Price: $558 per night per couple or single
Rates include a $500-per-person, tax-deductible donation to the President’s Council Enrichment Fund.
Rates include port taxes.
Double pricing is based on double occupancy or two people per stateroom.
Single pricing is based on one person per stateroom and is capacity-controlled by Uniworld and subject to change.
Required Deposit: $3,000 per person for double occupancy and $4,500 for single occupancy and a non-refundable Global Tracks administration fee of $100 per person
Second Payment: 50% of the remaining invoice balance is due by April 14, 2022
Final Payment: September 14, 2022
Airfare is not included: Global Tracks will book your air arrangements for a $100 per person ticketing fee, or you may choose to handle your own reservation.
- Passport valid for six months after the end of the trip
- Single-entry Egypt tourist e-visa; can be obtained online for a cost of $25 per person
- Egypt Health Declaration Form
Travel Insurance: Travel medical insurance with COVID-19 coverage is required for entry into Jordan. Global Tracks offers one of the most complete travel insurance plans offered anywhere through AIG Travel Guard. If you are not already insured and would like a quote for Travel Guard’s coverage and assistance services, please let us know.
Cancellation Schedule: Cancellation penalties apply once deposit is paid, so please review policy below.
Booking Terms and Conditions:
Cancellation Penalties: All cancellations must be made in writing to Global Tracks. Travel insurance and airfare are non-refundable once purchased. Any payment to Global Tracks constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions set herein, including but not limited to the cancellation terms. All cancellations are subject to the Global Tracks administration fee of $100 per person paid at deposit in addition to the below schedule:
|Cancellation & Penalty Schedule||Penalty Applicable|
|From time of deposit until April 14, 2022||50% of deposit penalty|
|From April 15, 2022 to September 14, 2022||50% of total package penalty|
|After September 14, 2022||100% of total package penalty|