South Africa & Victoria Falls
January 10–20, 2022
Join the Purdue President’s Council for an exclusive 10-night adventure showcasing the best of Southern Africa! Journey across varied landscapes, experiencing four nights in cosmopolitan Cape Town at the 5-star Table Bay Hotel. Fly to Kruger National Park for a three-night safari at the luxurious &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge or Makumu Private Game Lodge. Conclude with three nights at the iconic 5-star Victoria Falls Hotel, overlooking magnificent Victoria Falls.
Your participation supports the
President’s Council Enrichment Fund
Your travel-package registration fee includes support for ongoing adventures, events, and lifelong educational opportunities with the President’s Council family. As a part of your overall price, a $250-per-person, tax-deductible donation to the President’s Council Enrichment Fund helps underwrite the involvement of Purdue educators and administrators to enhance your personal travel experiences—a benefit exclusive to Purdue President’s Council members.
Exclusive President’s Council Highlights:
Click on the gold hyperlinks for fun and informative videos!
Cape Town, South Africa
- 4 nights at the 5-star Table Bay Hotel, located at the Victoria & Alfred (V&A) Waterfront with beautiful views of Table Mountain and the harbor
- Daily breakfast and Wi-Fi at the hotel
- President’s Council Welcome Reception
- Full-day Cape Peninsula tour via Chapman’s Peak scenic coastal road to Hout Bay, Cape of Good Hope, African Penguins at Boulders Beach, and lunch at the Harbour House Restaurant Kalk Bay
- Cable car ride up Table Mountain for spectacular 360° views
- Cape Winelands tour with a wine tasting in Stellenbosch at a local vineyard followed by a wine tasting and lunch at Boschendal Wine Farm in Franschhoek, one of South Africa’s oldest wine estates
- President’s Council Dinner at the Table Bay Hotel with a talk by Christo Brand, a former prison guard at South Africa’s Robben Island and author of Mandela: My Prisoner, My Friend
- Robben Island tour followed by a tour, talk, and lunch at the Amy Foundation, an organization empowering local youth
- Cape Town Farewell Dinner at Gold Restaurant to enjoy live entertainment and local Cape Malay and African cuisine
Kruger National Park // On Safari
- 3 nights at the luxurious &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge, set inside the Ngala Private Game Reserve bordering Kruger National Park, and exclusively reserved for the President’s Council
- Or, 3 nights at the luxurious Makumu Private Game Lodge, set inside the Klaserie Private Nature Reserve bordering Kruger National Park, and exclusively reserved for the President’s Council
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner featuring signature African cuisine
- Included house wines, local brand spirits and beers, soft drinks, tea, coffee, and refreshments on game drives
- Daily morning and afternoon game drives that continue after nightfall, interpretive nature walks, and big game viewing walks accompanied by experienced trackers
- Farewell Safari Dinner in an open-air Boma featuring a performance of local dancers
- Complimentary laundry, Wi-Fi, and use of Swarovski binoculars during your stay
Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- 3 nights at the iconic 5-star Victoria Falls Hotel, a historic hotel that overlooks the natural wonder of the falls
- Daily breakfast and Wi-Fi at the hotel
- Traditional Zimbabwean lunch at the Dusty Road Township Experience
- Guided walking tour of Victoria Falls National Park followed by lunch at the Wild Horizon’s Lookout Café
- Gourmet Dinner aboard the classic Bushtracks Express Steam Train as it travels over the Victoria Falls Bridge and then through the Zambezi National Park
- Visit to the Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust with a tour of the wildlife rescue and rehabilitation center and their laboratory facilities
- Option of three included afternoon tours: Rural Village Visit & Meet the People, Bike Tour, or Shopping Adventure
- Enjoy the President’s Council Farewell Reception on a Zambezi sunset river cruise, a superb way to relax and view wildlife gathering by the riverbanks at dusk
- 10 nights in luxury accommodations with daily breakfast
- President’s Council Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Additional meals include 8 lunches and 6 dinners (inclusive of wine, beer, and soft drinks) planned to provide a variety of unique and memorable experiences
- Custom sightseeing itinerary with tours and activities as mentioned with experienced English-speaking local guides, all entrance fees, transportation, and all taxes and service charges
- All airport transfers with luggage handling
- Gratuities for guides, drivers, porterage, and all included meals
- Gratuities at Ngala Safari Lodge or Makumu Private Game Lodge for rangers, trackers, and camp staff
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance while in South Africa and Zimbabwe (does not cover cost of treatment)
- Zimbabwe Visa for US citizens (obtained upon arrival)
- $250-per-person, tax-deductible donation to the President’s Council Enrichment Fund
- Purdue President’s Council and Global Tracks staff
This is, by design, an exclusive and customized luxury group program for a limited number of guests. The President’s Council has exclusive use of the Ngala Safari Lodge and the Makumu Private Game Lodge for the ultimate safari experience in Kruger National Park. Financial guarantees have been made on behalf of the group to secure all services, so please be sure to review the cancellation policy as penalties apply once deposit is paid.
Land Package Price:
$9,425 per person // based on double occupancy
$12,650 per person // based on single occupancy (extremely limited capacity)
Additional nights at the Table Bay Hotel Cape Town
Inclusions: Package includes accommodation at the Table Bay Hotel in a Luxury Mountain View Room inclusive of 15% VAT tax, buffet breakfast, airport arrival transfer, and porterage. Please note the airport arrival transfers are only included if hotel package is confirmed with Global Tracks.
|January 14–15, 2024 | Additional one-night stay||January 13–15, 2024 | Additional two-night stay|
|$545 per couple based on double occupancy||$1,050 per couple based on double occupancy|
|$470 per single||$885 per single|
Internal Group Flights:
$1,625 per person economy including taxes and fuel surcharges
Flight #1 – January 14, 2022 // SA Airlink / Cape Town (CPT) to Hoedspruit (HDS)
Flight #2 – January 17, 2022 // Charter flight / Hoedspruit (HDS) to Victoria Falls (VFA)
Required Deposit: $3,000 per person for double occupancy and $4,500 for single occupancy and a non-refundable Global Tracks administration fee of $100 per person
Second Payment: 50% of the remaining invoice balance is due by July 1, 2021
Final Payment Due: October 8, 2021
International airfare is not included: Global Tracks will book your air arrangements for a $75 service fee or you may choose to handle your own reservation.
- Arrive Cape Town (CPT), South Africa on Monday, January 10, 2022
The program begins with a President’s Council Welcome Reception and overnight at the Table Bay Hotel. Your airport transfer is included.
- Depart Victoria Falls Airport (VFA), Zimbabwe, January 20, 2022
Flights can depart any time in the morning. Your airport transfer is included.
Passports: Passports are required for all guests and must be valid for six months after the end of the tour.
Cancellations: All cancellations must be made in writing to Global Tracks. Travel insurance and airfare are non-refundable once purchased. Any payment to Global Tracks constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions set herein, including but not limited to the cancellation terms. All cancellations are subject to the Global Tracks administration fee of $100 per person paid at deposit in addition to the below schedule:
|From time of deposit until June 30, 2023||$2,000 per guest penalty|
|From July 1, 2023 to September 15, 2023||50% of total package penalty|
|After September 15, 2023||100% of total package penalty|
Travel Insurance: Global Tracks highly recommends and can provide Travel and Health Insurance to protect you from unforeseen circumstances or cancellations.